Into The Great Wide Open
This four-day festival of which the first edition in 2009 took place on Vlieland is definitely worth a visit. It is a festival that, in addition to music, also pays attention to visual art, film and nature. It is aimed at the culture lover (with or without children) who longs for more depth, peace, nature and diversity. Performances take place on a site of the island, which is converted into a festival environment. Examples of this are the forest stage next to the forest pond and in the garden of the Nicolaaskerk in the village Oost-Vlieland. An art route has been set out in the forest around the festival site. Children are seen as full-fledged visitors during the festival. The festival offers them a challenging program: artists create a stimulating environment with an exciting and varied selection. Each year, the organization invites an artist to stay on the island for a period of time for the festival and to develop a musical product as an artist in residence at the festival.
Date festival 2018 is known: 30 August to 2 September
Ticket sales start 3 February at 10.00 hours. You can already book a room without any worries because if you can not get a ticket you can cancel the booking free of charge (within 24 hours after ticket sales). So you do not run any risk!
Sleep Ships during the festival in the port
Also during Into the Great Wide Open festival Slaapschepen.nl present. various ships in the harbor of Vlieland moored where you can stay throughout the festival.
General information ITGWO
- All prices include breakfast and a fully made bed.
- It should min. 2 nights are booked.
- Our ships are almost all available from Thursday to Monday.
- If you want to book for four nights or a whole ship please contact us via 0517 234 234 or mail email@example.com
- You can also go back and back on a sleeper ship. The price for a single trip is € 25, - pp (children up to 10 years free).
- The check-in on Friday is for some ships longer than 17: 00 hours.
- Have you been before you Sleep ship Vlieland then you can temporarily lose your luggage on an already present Sleeping Ship.
- Ships regulates sleep no bicycles, tickets for ITGWO or ferry tickets.