Into The Great Wide Open Vlieland
This four-day festival of which the first edition took place in 2009 on Vlieland is certainly worth a visit. It is a festival that, in addition to music, also pays attention to visual arts, film and nature. It is aimed at culture lovers (with or without children) who long for more depth, tranquility, nature and diversity.
Performances take place on an area of the island that is converted into a festival environment. Examples are the forest stage next to the forest pond and in the garden of the Nicolaaskerk in the village of Oost-Vlieland. An art route has been plotted in the forest around the festival grounds.
Children are full visitors during the festival. The festival offers them a challenging program: artists create a stimulating environment with an exciting and varied selection. Every year the organization invites an artist to stay on the island for a period before the festival and to develop a musical product as an artist in residence that is presented at the festival.
Sleep Ships during the festival in the port
Sleepships.nl will also be present during the Into the Great Wide Open festival. Various ships moor in the port of Vlieland where you can spend the entire festival. A made bed awaits you in the evening and a delicious breakfast awaits you in the morning. The ships are close to the beach, 50 meters away you can already walk into the sea.
We've had to raise the prices for the sleeper ships. The skippers invest in their ships every year to keep them tidy and up-to-date, which naturally also increases rental prices. We managed to keep hotel prices low for a long time, but this year we had to make a significant increase to keep it profitable for the skippers. On the other hand, you sleep on one of the nicest accommodations on the island: on a traditional ship, near the beach and forest. Your overnight stays include a delicious breakfast, duvets and you can also sail to the island (for a fee).
Book without obligation
You can book the period before ticket sales without obligation. If you cannot get tickets and you cancel within 1 week, there are no costs involved.
Ships fully booked?
It may be that due to crowds there are no more available cabins or that you can no longer book a specific cabin.
No worries! Make a full reservation on the waiting list and if a new ship is available we will move you to this boat. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find an extra boat or meet your specific needs.
General information ITGWO
- All prices include breakfast and a fully made bed.
- A minimum of 2 or 3 nights must be booked. This can differ per ship.
- Some ships are available from Thursday and / or until Monday.
- If you want to book a ship as a group accommodation, please contact us on +0517 (234)234 – XNUMX XNUMX or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also sail back and forth on a Sleeping Ship. The price for a single journey is €25 pp (children up to 10 years old are free).
- The check-in on Friday is for some ships longer than 17: 00 hours.
- If you are on Vlieland before the Sleeping Ship, you can temporarily store your luggage on an existing Sleeping Ship from Friday.