Into The Great Wide Open Vlieland
This four-day festival of which the first edition took place in 2009 on Vlieland is certainly worth a visit. It is a festival that, in addition to music, also pays attention to visual arts, film and nature. It is aimed at culture lovers (with or without children) who long for more depth, tranquility, nature and diversity.
Performances take place on an area of the island that is converted into a festival environment. Examples are the forest stage next to the forest pond and in the garden of the Nicolaaskerk in the village of Oost-Vlieland. An art route has been plotted in the forest around the festival grounds.
Children are full visitors during the festival. The festival offers them a challenging program: artists create a stimulating environment with an exciting and varied selection. Every year the organization invites an artist to stay on the island for a period before the festival and to develop a musical product as an artist in residence that is presented at the festival.
Sleep Ships during the festival in the port
Slaapschepen.nl is also present during the Into the Great Wide Open festival. Various ships moor in the port of Vlieland where you can spend the entire festival. In the evening you will have a made-up bed and in the morning you will have a delicious breakfast.
General information ITGWO
- All prices include breakfast and a fully made bed.
- There must be booked for a minimum of 2 nights.
- Some ships are available from Thursday and / or until Monday.
- If you want to book for four nights or book a full ship please contact us via 0517 234 234 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also sail back and forth on a sleeping ship. The price for a single journey is € 25, - pp (children up to 10 years free).
- The check-in on Friday is for some ships longer than 17: 00 hours.
- Do you arrive earlier than your hotelship on Vlieland, you can temporarily store your luggage on another hotelship.
- Slaapschepen.nl does not arrange bicycles, tickets for ITGWO or ferry tickets.