Alternative ferries to and from Vlieland or Terschelling
It is possible to sail with the Sleepers to and from Vlieland or Terschelling. If you would like to sail along on a traditional ship, grab your chance now. Whether or not you have booked a cabin with Sleepers, simply choose the ship with the sailing time that suits you best.
The exact sailing times are known about 4 weeks before the festival starts. If you have booked a cabin with Sleeping Ships, you will automatically receive a message about this via email.
Crossings Vlieland – Into The Great Wide Open 2023
Outward journey Harlingen – Vlieland
Return journey Vlieland – Harlingen
General information return trip
- The costs for a single journey are € 25 per person (children up to 10 years of age may travel for free, but please state this when booking. Total amount will be adjusted after reservation request).
- A crossing takes about 3,5 hours. The duration of the trip depends in part on the weather and tides.
- In general, there is no sailing during the crossings, but sailing on the engine.
- There is no catering on board, so make sure you have something to eat and drink.
- You can also sail if you have not booked an overnight stay on a sleeping ship.
- Both the outward and return journeys must be booked separately.
- If you have booked a crossing, the latest travel information will follow a week before departure by mail.
- If you are looking for a complete package including accommodation and crossings, take a look here our sailing arrangements to the festivals on the islands.