- 16 March 2020
- Catering chef
- Location Borkum (German Wadden Island)
Are you looking for a fun and varied job in the kitchen? As a catering chef you will work on a stationary passenger ship on the German Wadden island of Borkum.
We have regular guests on board for a period of at least three months and do not sail! Together with the hotel manager you are the trusted face for our group of minimum 20 and maximum 60 guests.
Our guests work hard outdoors during the day and enjoy a hearty, nutritious meal in the evening.
They start the day with a breakfast buffet and then make their own packed lunch.
- Responsible for preparing a nutritious, fresh meal (breakfast and dinner) in buffet form within the set budget.
- Working according to the HACCP guidelines.
- You keep the kitchen stock up to standard.
- Good cooperation with the hotel manager and other staff.
- Preparing and developing buffets, writing recipes and handouts for employees.
You are also responsible for:
- Coordinating and overseeing all activities within the kitchen.
- Building an enthusiastic and motivated team in collaboration with the hotel manager.
- Set up inventory management and valuate monthly.
- Purchasing from our home suppliers.
- Ensuring the safety of employees, guests and suppliers.
- Reporting to Sleep Ships (menus, costs, HACCP checklists etc.)
- Transfer to and coordination with any duo chef.
What do we offer you?
- Board and lodging on board, private room with shower and toilet.
- Pleasant working atmosphere with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Spacious and well-equipped kitchen.
- Beautiful working environment on a beautiful Wadden island.
- Type of employment: 0-hour contract for a definite period or on a self-employed basis, salary in
- consultation. 2 weeks on / off is negotiable.
- Spoken language on board is English and Dutch.
- 1 year. And experience on board a ship is an advantage.
- HACCP certificate.
- Social hygiene certificate.
- 2 March 2020
- Catering staff
- Location Den Oever
We are looking for catering staff for our project on a Sleeping Ship in Den Over.
Are you looking for a fun and varied job in the hospitality industry? As a catering employee / star you will work on a river cruise ship with Den Oever as its permanent berth. We have regular guests on board for a minimum period of three years and therefore do not sail!
- Alternate buffet or walk with plates
- Keep track of the buffet
- Keeping the workplace clean
- Replenish and maintain inventories
- Creating a cozy atmosphere for the guests on board
- Simple administrative tasks
- You can switch quickly and have a flexible attitude
- You are available for at least 16 hours a week
Terms and conditions of employment;
- A varied job
- Salary based on experience (CAO Horeca)
- You are free during the weekend. Unique in the hospitality industry!
Already enthusiastic? Respond immediately!
- January 28 2020
F&B Supervisor part time
- Location Den Oever
We are looking for a hands-on supervisor for our buffet restaurant on the water. Are you looking for a new challenge and available immediately? Then you may be our new F&B Supervisor!
As an F&B supervisor you are primarily operational at work. You also have a number of administrative tasks. You are creative, flexible and work efficiently. There is room enough for ideas and improvements, you can use all your creativity in this position. So a very varied range of tasks!
- A challenging position in a special working environment on the water.
- Responsible and freedom. You build your own team, manage it and there is a lot of room for your own input.
- A salary that matches the position and experience.
- Flexible hours and working hours: in which you are available 24-32 hours.
- You are free during the weekends.
- You are responsible for the ultimate, casual experience of the guests, whereby they are not allowed to feel like a number.
- You are in charge of the buffet restaurant and you work closely with the kitchen staff and hotel manager.
- You are independent, proactive and come up with ideas.
- You ensure that a good, homely atmosphere is created every day, excellent service and high quality within the (financial) objectives of the restaurant.
- You work consistently & professionally, know how to maintain a helicopter view and you are focused on every detail. You make the difference!
- Hospitable, enthusiastic & representative.
- Independent, strong in communication and a great sense of responsibility
- Proactive and entrepreneurial
- You are a team player who manages to lead in a natural and coaching way. But you also dare to put your finger on the sore spot when necessary.
- Minimum 1 year experience in an assistant or comparable position.
- A catering education / background is an advantage
- Type of employment: Part-time, Indefinite duration
Are you interested then send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and for more information you can contact us by telephone number 0517-234234