Temporary office worker
- 17 March 2020
- Office worker
- Immediately (temporary position)
- Location Leeuwarden
We are immediately looking for a temporary colleague at our office in Leeuwarden! Are you customer-friendly, do you have an affinity with the boat world, can you work in a structured way and do you want to provide as many people as possible with a nice sailing trip or overnight stay on board a sleeping ship together with a number of nice colleagues? Then we are looking for you!
Tasks / responsibilities:
- sell sailing trips and overnight stays on board various ships
- Make and maintain contact with (potential) guests and skippers / owners via telephone, mail and booking system
- Keep an overview and transfer your work well to your colleagues who work on other days
Number of days per week: 3 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
Duration: 2 to 3 months
- 16 March 2020
- Catering chef
- Location Borkum (German Wadden Island)
Are you looking for a fun and varied job in the kitchen? As a catering chef you will work on a stationary passenger ship on the German Wadden island of Borkum.
We have regular guests on board for a period of at least three months and do not sail! Together with the hotel manager you are the trusted face for our group of minimum 20 and maximum 60 guests.
Our guests work hard in the open air during the day and enjoy a hearty, nutritious meal in the evening.
They start the day with a breakfast buffet and then make their own packed lunch.
- Responsible for preparing a nutritious, fresh meal (breakfast and dinner) in buffet form within the set budget.
- Working according to the HACCP guidelines.
- You keep the kitchen stock up to standard.
- Good cooperation with the hotel manager and other staff.
- Preparing and developing buffets, writing recipes and handouts for employees.
You are also responsible for:
- Coordinating and overseeing all activities within the kitchen.
- Building an enthusiastic and motivated team in collaboration with the hotel manager.
- Set up inventory management and valuate monthly.
- Purchasing from our home suppliers.
- Ensuring the safety of employees, guests and suppliers.
- Reporting to Sleep Ships (menus, costs, HACCP checklists etc.)
- Transfer to and coordination with any duo chef.
What do we offer you?
- Board and lodging on board, private room with shower and toilet.
- Pleasant working atmosphere with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Spacious and well-equipped kitchen.
- Beautiful working environment on a beautiful Wadden island.
- Type of employment: 0-hour contract for a definite period or on a self-employed basis, salary in
- consultation. 2 weeks on / off is negotiable.
- Spoken language on board is English and Dutch.
- 1 year. And experience on board a ship is an advantage.
- HACCP certificate.
- Social hygiene certificate.